Friday, February 10

To Rap or Not to Rap?


Earlier today, I discovered that music is my life blood. Without it, I would wither away into nothingness, a la Charlotte Perkins Gilman in The Yellow Wallpaper . But I needed to further focus my goals. Music, in general, is wonderful - but to truly see through my new dream of winning the next season of American Idol - I knew I needed to find my calling within the many genres. Jazz appealed to my poetic side, after all who can deny a little soulful Nina Simone on a rainy night? And of course, punk rock will forever hold a place in my heart (I own every Clash album on vinyl). But nothing quite felt like me...until my afternoon stroll with Mom. We were wandering around Woodmoor when a large black SUV rounded the corner on two wheels. The music blaring from the car carried throughout the neighborhood, with its bass vibrating each front door a block before the gas guzzling SUV passed it. And just as my face hit the grass (Mom literally hurled me out of the path of the oncoming vehicle) it dawned on me: Gangster Rap.

American Idol, here comes Biggie Emma Claire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home